Saturday 18 May 2013

Blueberry Pancakes for a Blue May Morning

Its one of those grey drizzly Manc mornings that makes you want to just stay in bed all day but I managed to drag myself from under the duvet and now I'm up I am definitely in need of some sunshine food. I think I've made clear my love of pancakes before and blueberry is a particular favourite (plus blueberries are good for you being one of those super-foods so its win-win all round!)































Ingredients
(serves 3-4)
150g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
240ml milk
1 egg
100g fresh blueberries, washed
knob of butter for cooking
golden syrup for serving

Sift together flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and a bit of milk and whisk together, gradually adding the rest of the milk to make a smooth batter with no lumps.

Leave to rest for 10 minutes.

Now stir in half the blueberries. In a large frying pan heat the butter until it has coated the bottom of the pan (on a medium heat). Drop a ladel full of the mixture into the frying pan - do this so you can fit another few in the pan, I usually manage to do 3 at a time. Leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown then flip and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes.

If you do in batches of 3 you can keep the cooked ones warm by separating with greaseproof paper and keeping in the oven on a low heat.

Pile the pancakes and drizzle with golden syrup then add the rest of the bueberries on top and eat immediately. Instant sunshine. I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment